I love...cake.

Last night I created my chocolate cheesecake recipe.

cake

Before I share the recipe, here are some tips that I learned after I made it.
1. Cook for a full hour instead of 50-55 minutes.
2. If using a kitchen-aide mixer, use the whisk. I used the paddle and it didn't mix as well as it should have.
3. Chill for overnight or freeze for an hour or two and then chill.

1 3/4 C graham cracker crumbs
2 T sugar
1/3 C sugar
8 oz. Baker's German's Sweet Chocolate
2 eggs
2/3 C light or dark corn syrup
1/3 C heavy cream
1 1/2 t vanilla
16 oz. cream cheese, cut into cubes (I used fat free cream cheese)

Heat oven to 325 degrees

Combine crumbs, sugar and butter until well mixed. Press into bottom of a 9" springform pan and press about 1 1/4" up the side of pan.

Microwave 6 oz. chocolate in bowl for 2 minutes, stirring halfway through heating time. Stir completely until melted. Place eggs, corn syrup, cream and vanilla in mixer and beat until smooth. With mixer running, gradually add cream cheese, blending until smooth. Mix in melted chocolate. Pour into crust.

Bake 50-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on wire rack. Cover; refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Before serving, melt remaining chocolate and drizzle over top.