Test Recipe #1: Oven Fried Mustard Chicken

The first of five recipes I'm currently testing for an upcoming cookbook.



Oven-Fried Mustard Chicken

Chicken, bread crumbs, grated cheese, mustard, and various herbs and spices, baked at a fairly low temperature for about an hour. Pretty simple dish. I did not, in fact, have the dried basil the recipe called for, so I walked to the garden (in a light rain, delightful) and picked off a few leaves from one of our plants.

This is one of the few recipes I've tried where the mustard didn't overwhelm the other flavors. It was there, sure; but it was subtle. The coating was wonderful, and since it was 'oven-baked', no grease! The chicken was very tender, and easily cooked up in the suggested time.

I really liked this dish, and would certainly make it again.

Greek salad info can be found at my main food blog, Dispensing Happiness.