Pot Luck Cookies

Thought I'd share an idea for cookies:

When you buy Quaker Oats oats, there's a recipe for Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin cookies on it. I really love it, but always add my own stuff. This time I added:

  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

  • 1/2 cup mix of dried raising, golden raisins, blueberries, cherries and cranberries (the greatest thing at Trader Joes)

  • 1/2 cup coconut

  • it calls for 1 1/2 cups flour, but I used a 2 1/4 cup mixture of all-purpose and whole wheat flour

  • I also added some ground flax seed. I guess it's good for your heart?

  • And lastly, in addition to the 1 teaspoon of cinnamon called for, I added about 1/2 a teaspoon of allspice.


For the most part they turned out pretty good. But some bites, despite all the stuff I've added, don't have any extra goodies. And I hate that. So next time I'll probably just add an extra handful of each.