Project No. 1 Results - Tiramisu

I think I found a keeper!

The tiramisu was a fun dessert to make, and I have to say I'm impressed with the results. I altered the recipe slightly. For example:
  • Instead of using 1 cup of espresso, I used about 6 oz of Starbucks Double Shot Espresso (Espresso and Cream).

  • I didn't put the eggs over a double boiler, which I realize I probably should have for two reasons: no chance for salmonella poisoning, and by cooking the eggs it would have given the tiramisu a thicker custard-like texture.

  • I used 8 oz of mascarpone cheese and 2 packages of lady fingers.

  • Instead of using a 9 x 13 dish, I used an 8 x 8.


The end result, after an hour of refrigerating, was a little runny. So I froze it over night and it now has an ice-cream consistency and looks more like restaurant-quality tiramisu. Yum! I highly recommend!

Here are a couple pictures:



These were the lady fingers I used. I had a really difficult time trying to find them, but eventually found them at a Dillon's Superstore.




The end result. Like I said, a little runny, but otherwise pretty tasty! And yes, I did eat that entire HUGE portion. I'm the only one in the house who will eat it!

Happy Valentine's Weekend everyone.